Thursday, November 29, 2012

Olga the Traveling Bra Story


FRIDAY, APRIL 18, 2008


BUSTED! at the Knit Knot Tree in Yellow Springs, Ohio

Well, I guess it was inevitable...a big ol' bodacious Bra traveling around all by herself was bound to attract the attention of The Authorities sooner or later!
But who'da thunk I'd ever end up getting BUSTED
for making a public spectacle of myself in peaceful Yellow Springs, Ohio?
Certainly not me! But, here's how it all went down...

I was in Yellow Springs yesterday to check out a
unique art exhibit I'd read about on the Internet....
My Chaperon, Esqueleta (a very old but respected local artist) hosted a little cocktail party in my honor which was attended by several other localceleBRAties...But then Esqueleta (being a big old party pooper) started resenting all the attention I was getting (especially from a cute little bra-ling named Vicky)....
So she broke up the party and made me help her with her knitting!
Hmphf!...I did not think being a yarn holder was very becoming of one
so bodacious as I......so Vicky and I decided to ditch the ol' bag of bones and skipped off to see
what I came here for in the 1st place...the famous Knit Knot Tree!
Woo-Hoo! It was SPECTACULAR!!!I'd read about the Knit Knot Tree on the artist's blogs Jafabrit's Art andJafaGirlArt, and was so captivated by it's beauty, I just had to come and see it for myself!And as I hung upon the brightly colored tree branches, I felt inspired to release my own creativity...as well as my inhibitions...and so - I just let it ALL hang out!
Apparently this was quite entertaining for the local residents, as they were lining up just to get a gander at this wild and crazy bra hanging upon their tree...even Marco Comegys, Yellow Springs' famous local bra model, stopped by to have his picture taken with me!
But then....
I guess things got a bit too rowdy and I was BUSTED
for "wild flirtation with the local men" and being a "public nuisance"!
Oh the humiliation!
Luckily, the Police Chief let me off with only a stern warning
to "control myself"...
...then he stamped my passport to ensure I'd have a permanent record
of my very wild and breastly day in Yellow Springs, Ohio!
The artists/creators of the now FAMOUS KNIT KNOT TREE in Yellow Springs, Ohio are Corinne Bayraktaroglu and Nancy Mellon. They were inspired to start this project by a group of graffiti knitters, called Knitta, who tag inner cities with vibrant, stitched works of art. Corrine, Nancy, and the Tree all have become local celeBRAties in their own right - please read more about the Knit Knot Tree here and here, and see more amazing examples of other tree sweatershere and here!

And in case you're wondering
Why a Knit Knot Tree?
Here's what Corrine says:
"Well it's simple really.
Because we can, because it's fun,
because it makes people smile,
because it brightens up a dreary winter's day,
because children go ooooooh!aaaaaaaah!
because!!!!!! Life is too short to be getting yer knickers in a knot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment