Monday, November 5, 2012

When you get a Yen for something


You just have to go with it and I got a terrible yen to make my nana's Traditional Christmas Cake.  So my son and I spent Sunday baking up a batch. I knew ONE person who would seriously appreciate a cake, jafapal, aka KAOS Queen, Karen Jane Russell. She did remind me of one trick I had completely forgotten, soak the fruit overnight in tea. Oh well next time.  I dropped it off this morning and I was right.  
Karen has her own yen's going on
 and right now it's felting. She is going bonkers doing it and I am enjoying being the recipient of a couple of pieces.  I scored this lovely table mat in exchange for the cake. Trading is so FUN. 
She is currently working on the scarf below, and she wasn't kidding when she said her scarf looked like streaky bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment